Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Should the PS4 Have Free Online Play?

I just finished watching a YouTube video about the PS4. I heard that Sony is charging people to play online. I can't lie when I heard this I was pissed.

After all these years and all the systems they choose the PS4 to start pay to play. If you think about it they're cutting out a lot of potential online players.

If the service was free, you would have more people playing games. Instead Sony took a page out of Microsoft's book, and they decided to charge for online play. I understand why they're charging people because they have to pay server fees for the cloud gaming service.

The only thing is they had to wait until now to release this news on fellow gamers. I mean $50 a year isn't a lot of money, but not everyone can afford it, especially younger kids. Maybe Sony could have an alternative way to pay like $4 a month.

That would be easy to pay because you don't have to pay the full amount upfront. I'm excited for the PS4, but I have to admit that the pay to play just didn't sit well with me. I'm not sure I would play online all the time, so it would be a waste of money.

It's still too early to tell, maybe Sony will wise up and get rid of the fee. How do you feel about the charge? Are you willing to pay an extra $50 a year for online service? Put your thoughts in the comments below.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home