Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Flash fiction: A crowded street

Millions of people are in a crowded street in Times Circle. The people are waiting to bring in the New Year in Old York City. This is a tradition passed along throughout the generations, and we are waiting for the ball to drop.

Music is playing and the beer is flowing, we’ve seen some amazing performances tonight. We have seen top-notch performances such as Slim Joe, Mobb Shallow, and countless others. My New Year’s resolution is to party more.

What's yours Bill “Well, I need to eat healthier that’s for sure.” The clock is counting down 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, happy new year. “What happened to the lights, all of the power has gone out?"
It’s mayhem in the streets of Old York City, and we hope to turn the lights back on in a minute.

“What’s that in the sky Bill?” “I don’t know Mike it looks like a huge hand.” Screams are all around people are being handpicked literally. Is this some kind of sick joke why is this happening? I’ve been picked up Bill, I’ll see you in a few. It’s so cold up here, but warm at the same time.

All I see is a bright light, and I made it to the other side. Heaven awaits me, but I do not feel worthy of this place. A voice speaks to me and says,” You’ve been chosen to dwell in paradise.”

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home