Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Poetry: I used to believe

I used to believe that darkness was right
Hiding in the shadows to avoid the light
It's such a shame when you're afraid to change
Swindled and tricked by the world's evil ways

I followed the code, and not a soul was told
The chains on my heart, symbolized that I'm owned
I'm having regrets and saying what did I miss
Turns out the prince of darkness is a piece of sh*t

I couldn't believe all the lies and neglect
This was a truth I had to swallow and accept
Vexed and confused, I searched for something new
I had a dream that came to me, while I was sleep

I was guided to a door, but repenting was the key
Fell to my knees, my eyes closed, so I couldn't see
A bright light began to radiate around me
I felt warmth and compassion for the first time in my life

Embraced by love my heart was as cold as ice
No longer was I held captive by the night
A new man was born in the name of the son
The angels were pleased, and Jesus gave me the nod
I used to believe in darkness, but now I believe in God.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home