Sunday, January 27, 2013

How to Get Rid of Acne

Acne is something that most people have trouble with some time in their life. It can happen to most people when they're teenagers, and all the way up to adulthood. There are literally millions of over the counter products that you can try, but who has the time? I've struggled with acne in my life, but I did find a way to keep in under control. Here are some simple things you can do to keep your face looking clear.


Wash Your F**king Face

I know this one is a no brainer, but washing your face daily will keep dead skin from forming. When I wash my face it's with warm water, and then I finish with cold water. I make sure not to put any lotion or any other products on my face. I also don't wash my face with soap because it tends to strip my face of its natural oils. Keep it as minimal as possible to avoid those nasty breakouts. I know for the ladies you wear make-up, so you can try to apply less make-up, and see if that works for you.

No Milk for You

I've done some studies on my own face, and I found that drinking whole milk isn't good for acne. Milk is great for the body, but it's better when it's mixed into a dish. I avoid eating cereal because the milk makes my skin go crazy. I often find that within a couple of hours, I'll have a new pimple forming. Try to stay away from milk altogether if possible. You'll definitely notice you'll have less breakouts without drinking Mr. Cow.

Bread

This made the list as another possible cause of acne. Wheat bread especially will give my skin a rocky road appearance. I know how good that sandwich from Subway is, but what's more important your face or food? I don't eat wheat bread or white bread because it's pimples best friend. I usually substitute bread for crackers or a tortilla. I found that crackers and tortillas won't cause my skin to riot.

Soda

Last but not least is our good old friend soda pop. Yes, I've given up drinking this sugary mess 5 years ago, and I never looked back. Soda has so much sugar and corn syrup in it, and all those things lead to is a pimple paradise. I drink flavored water if I want to have something that resembles soda. Also fruit juice and orange juice are great substitutes. I know that soda tastes great, but it's not friends with your skin. These are just some things I do to keep my skin looking healthy, but it may or may not work for you. Give it a shot for yourself, and let me know how it goes in the comments below.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home