Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How I Got Saved: A True Story

This blog post is personal to me, and I wanted to talk about being saved. I guess it all started when I was a kid. My dad use to tell me about God and the bible, but I didn't really understand it all. I had so many questions that he couldn't answer. 

I started getting into drugs, girls, and disrespecting my parents. These were all tools of the devil to take me away from my faith. After a while I became numb to the drugs, parties, and girls. I wanted to know did life have anything else for me?

I cried out to God to help me with my drug problem. I remember that God didn't answer me for a long time. I almost gave up on it, until I actually heard his voice. I was amazed to hear something because it confirmed the stuff in the bible. 

God said that he would help me get over drugs. It came with one catch, I had to give up something I loved. I didn't really understand that part of the deal, but I later figured it out. He was asking me to give up drugs. I put drugs over my family, and even worse over God. I quickly flushed my drugs down the toilet. 

I didn't touch any hardcore drugs again. I was told to close my eyes and repent for my sins. I did so, and as I was crying and repenting my life flashed before my eyes. I literally saw the major points in my life from a child, all the way to the present day. 

I fell on my bed, and it felt like someone pushed a reset button on life. Everything went black, and I had a new soul. I felt so different from the way that I thought, dressed, and acted. I was a new man.

I couldn't believe that I was saved, and all I had to do was give up something I loved. Have you been saved? Please share your story in the comments below.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home