Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Effects of a No Sugar Diet

Sugar has some positive effects and negative effects. I've been thinking what would it be like to try a no sugar diet? I'm a huge fan of junk food, you can call me a "professional snacker." I take my snacking seriously, and I wanted to kick the habit for a year. I took away all the Twinkies, candy bars, and the maple syrup.

I avoided it completely, and I found some unusual results. The first thing that I noticed with the no sugar diet is, I didn't have any energy. I felt sluggish all the time, and it didn't matter how long I slept, I was still tired. This was a huge negative for me, and I wasn't expecting it at all. Everyone at my job would always ask me why do you look so tired? 

I would tell them I'm trying a new no sugar diet. They immediately told me this was a bad idea, and they shoved all kinds of junk food in my face. I resisted them, but I found that being tired all the time is good for someone with insomnia. If you have trouble sleeping, just remove some of the sugar from your diet. 

Notice how I didn't say all, just some of it. Another thing I noticed about this no sugar diet is cuts don't heal as fast. I got a pimple on my face, and it took 3-4 weeks just to heal up. It would keep reopening, and it would make the process take longer. Normally I can heal in 1-2 weeks from a pimple. 

I really don't advise anyone to remove the sugar from their diet. The best part is I lost about 25 pounds. It felt like the weight just fell right off. The no sugar diet is a good way to lose weight, but you'll look like a zombie doing it.

In this whole experiment, I realized that your body needs sugar to function properly. If you remove sugar, you will have a lot of problems. Have you tried the no sugar diet before? Did you have a positive or negative reaction? Type it in the comments below.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home