Monday, February 10, 2014

How I Got Scammed on Amazon

Hello, everyone I wanted to share this story about how I got scammed on Amazon. I was looking for some seeds to grow in my backyard. Lately, I've been getting into gardening, and I wanted to grow own food. So I ordered these seeds, and I noticed right away something wasn't right. 

The first red flag was the order didn't come with a tracking number. Make sure you get a tracking number with every package you order. I also noticed that the seller was in Germany, another red flag. I live in the U.S, and it would take a pretty long time to ship something from Germany. 

I asked the seller after a couple of days where is my package? They responded back that it would take a while to receive the package. The Amazon shipping estimated it about 1 month. I could have bought the seeds from another seller, and it would be faster. I waited about 3 weeks, but nothing came in the mail. 

I eventually told Amazon that I want my money back. They said that they would investigate the claim. In the mean time I was credited with the money to my Amazon account as a gift card. A couple of days when by, and Amazon said they can't go after the seller. 

They stated that the shipping time wasn't up yet, and I would have to wait an additional 3 days after to file a claim. The seller closed his account, and I couldn't contact him. I eventually washed my hands of the situation, and I forgot about it. 

I wanted to share my story, and if you have something to share about a similar experience, type it in the comments below. Thanks for reading, and stay safe everybody.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home