Thursday, February 14, 2013

Poetry: This can't be right

This can't be right because it feels so wrong
I'm struggling to find words for this song
I know I'm wrong, you stay on my mind
If it don't fit, I don't quit, I'll make it rhyme

Now that you're gone, and I'm on my own
Those sticks you threw, they quickly turned to stone
Battered and lost, I paid the cost
To be with you, forever true, it wasn't in the cards

I tell myself, that it's going to be hard
Not hearing your voice, and staring at the stars
Burn so bright, you were my guiding light
High off love, this lovely drug, it's called life

Hold me close and don't let me go
Stop the clock, the tick and tock, the pain won't stop
The pen's my friend, when I'm feeling hurt
Talk to me, like I'm the last man on earth

Let's work on us, and we'll never fall
I'll risk it all, to call you my doll
I have faith, I better wait and
Love will conquer all

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home