Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Got My Ancestry DNA Results Back!

Well, I finally got up enough courage to take a DNA ancestry test. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now. I was always told that I was Native American, Black, and White. I wasn't prepared for the results. 

I was a mix of many different races, and it was pretty cool. I have blood from Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Scandinavia, and the list goes on and on. If you're not familiar with Ancestry.com, it's a site where you can find out your ethnicity using DNA. 

It also can help you find cousins and relatives. Most of my relative matches were Caucasian, and there were very few African results. I wasn't bothered by that at all. I was just excited to finally know who I am. This test is good if you're adopted because you can find out about your birth parents.

I paid only $99 for the test, and it took about 3 weeks to process. You have to be patient because depending on how many tests they receive it can take 6-8 weeks. I would advise everyone to take this test. 

You don't want to go around not knowing who you really are. If you have any questions about Ancestry.com, I'll do my best to answer them. See ya later!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home