Saturday, August 25, 2012

5 Things I Hate About Facebook

All of you should be familiar with Facebook, I have a few gripes about it, and I think it could lead to its downfall. I've been signed up to the site for over a year, and there are some things that bother me. Here's my list of the five things I hate about Facebook.

Spam

The spamming on Facebook is out of this world. Every time I log into my account there are some unknown posts from a company I don't care about. Businesses are the main culprits of using Facebook to spam my news feed. I remember when Facebook was just a place to chill with your friends, but now it's turned into a marketing paradise. I don't care what you're selling, let me chat with my friends in peace.

Novel Sized Posts

You all know the people when they post a message, and it takes up the whole news feed. This is the reason I like Twitter better because it stops people from spilling their feelings on a post. There's just a wall of text to read, and most of the time there are grammar mistakes without any spacing. I'm thinking Facebook should follow Twitter's lead, and put a character restriction, I'm just saying.

Attention Whores

I'm sure you or someone you know is guilty of this one. Any time I sign into Facebook there are the people who are dying for attention. They write post like" I'm down and out fml.", or " That girl looks so beautiful, I'll never look as good as her." Stop comparing yourself to everyone we're all made differently, so don't envy people on your news feed because you don't look like them. These are just attempts to get comments and likes from people, and it annoys the crap out of me.

Trolls

Wherever you go it doesn't matter what site it is there are trolls. If you post an update you will be greeted in the comments section from someone you don't know talking all crazy. I've seen it so many times before it's ridiculous. I'm not asking you what you thought about my post, and I'm not even friends with you, so your opinion doesn't matter. The trolls on Facebook try so hard to be funny, but they end up falling flat on their face.


Frequent Posters

There are some people who never shut up, and they will dominate your news feed. I don't need to know what you're doing at every second of the day. There posts include messages like this " I'm on the toilet, but there's no tissue fml." That's too much information keep some things to yourself. I don't need to know what color your poop is, so don't bother posting a picture. Someone has to put a stop to this type of behavior, otherwise I'll have to find another social networking site, Twitter is looking good right now.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Facebook has really changed alot. I really have to make a conscience effort to on it. When I was reading your post I could name a person or a company on my Facebook immediately that fits all of those categories. I see the vlaue of Facebook but some days the annoyance outway the good.

Cynthia

 
At May 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Facebook marketing is the key tool for getting more promotions and leads for business.It is also boost up to gain the more visitors and getting more traffics to websites owners.
Web Design Company | Web Design Companies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home