Sunday, August 19, 2012

Poetry: Stranger

With the rules of life, you lose sight, and
In spite of what you've heard
I give you my word, to the death I'll serve
I'll make a right go left, and accept what's next

My heart in my chest takes these steps
To beat to the tune of new a better man and stand
On my own, so to those who didn't know
I've been shown all along a better way

I'm prone to casualties, assaulting this track, but in my back is batteries 
Ignoring the sticks and stones that are thrown at me
I'm homegrown like the weed blown from both J's
Left me dazed and confused not knowing what to do

Used and abused like the shoes of them running dudes
You should be dead, but instead I've been fed
The lies and the danger, consumed by anger
I don't know myself, so things can't get stranger

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home