Monday, October 8, 2012

Hallucinogens are Dangerous to Society

I've done my fair share of hallucinogens, and in no way am I advocating drug use. I wrote this blog post to shed light on some potential dangers these drugs could have on society. I can't stress this enough that drugs aren't a toy, and they have serious long lasing effects. After I quit doing hallucinogens, I really started to get withdrawal symptoms. I told myself it wasn't the drugs, but I was positive that they had something to do with my ill feelings. I noticed it was really difficult to concentrate on simple tasks. I couldn't read, watch TV, or go on my computer.

Some of the really negative effects of hallucinogens is the loss of feelings, and having  flashbacks. The loss of feeling is not having an emotional attachment to anyone or anything. Before I used these types of drugs I had feelings. If I broke up with my girlfriend, I would be angry or hurt, but after long use I found that I was desensitized to my problems. There was a real disconnect with reality, where I didn't have emotions anymore. I felt like I was a zombie because there wasn't any kind of feelings in my heart. 


This brings me to my next point flashbacks. One time I was walking down the street, and I could of swore I saw a pack of bees. I ducked to avoid the swarm, but when I looked back it wasn't there anymore. Come to find out I just had a flashback. The drug actually made me think that there were bees attacking me. I must have looked so stupid. This brings me to the point of the government not wanting to legalize these drugs.

Can you imagine a bunch of desensitized people walking around? The crime rate would be through the roof, and people wouldn't care about anything. This could be dangerous to society, and perhaps there would be more suicide. I know this doesn't happen to everyone that takes hallucinogens, but do you really want to take that chance?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home