Friday, February 15, 2013

Poetry: Suicide

Now, I write this poem to you
Pouring my feelings out on this page
I'm writing this because I have some pent up rage
Anger holds resentment stroking its long black hair

I've tried to see things your way
But I can't get past the blank stares
The beginning of our relationship was beautiful
We played a role like a musical

The curtain is closed, the actors have gone on home
Take a bow and enjoy the show
The fights late nights and insults thrown
I can't take it anymore, I feel so alone

The break-up was more weight on my heart
I start the day with memories of your touch
I'm trying to lift depression, but it weighs too much
With this gun pressed firmly to my brain

It's not as strange as it looks
All it takes is one pull, and I know I'll be alright
Sometimes the best revenge is living a better life
*Puts the gun down*

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home