Friday, January 24, 2014

Pay-Per-View YouTube Channels


I was looking on YouTube, and I stumbled on this channel. It was a paid YouTube channel, and it requires you to subscribe for a fee. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I knew YouTube would go to pay-per-view, but I didn't think happen this quickly. 

The start of YouTube was about everyday people trying to get some shine. Now, bigger corporations have taken it over, and changed it completely. I don't like paying to view content, especially if I can't see a preview of the video before I watch it.

I understand that YouTube has to make money, but that's why they have ads. I'm starting to think this is some kind of gold mine. They are pimpin' out YouTube, and turning it into cable TV. Imagine if ever channel made you subscribe.

That would get to be pretty expensive, and you can only watch this content on your phone and laptop. I know some newer TV's are Internet capable, but not everyone is up to date. The ads were bad enough, but this is the icing on the cake. 

I'm sure this new pay subscription would cut out all the fake views. You will get to see who really likes your channel, and who are just watching because it was free. What do you think will you keep watching videos on YouTube, or will you find another video site that's free?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home