Friday, January 24, 2014

The Typing of The Dead: Overkill PC Review

B736B023D52E7FEE4A658318337A0180F0599DEE (1600×900)
I bought The Typing of the Dead: Overkill on PC, so I decided to review it. If you don't know about this game it became famous in 2003. They have reinvented this to cater to the hardcore typing fans. I'm a writer, so I just use this game to practice my typing. I want to break this review down into categories about my pros and cons of the game. 

 

C0FDE98E3C96853C51862C6F0C13C3A55A7604E7 (1600×900)
Graphics

The graphics on this game are okay. You can view it in whatever resolution you have on your computer. I have 1600 X 900, so it was pretty clear. I would have liked to see some better visuals because the graphics seem to be a little dated. 

There aren't many options to change the visuals it's pretty basic. You can turn anti-aliasing on and off, but that's about it. I was a little disappointed in the graphics department, so this is definitely one of the weaker points of the game. 






9EA136FF4203B2F43F1A3CE8DF9688FC2084E591 (1600×900) 
 Sound

I think the soundtrack on this game was decent. It has a lot of old school tracks. It feels like it was set in the 70s. The sound isn't bad, but I did notice a couple of times the sound would go out completely. I would type and the zombies wouldn't make any noise whatsoever. I found this to be a bug, and I hope they fix it. 

I'm guessing since this game is a port from the original Wii version, there would be some problems. The soundtrack is very catchy in-game, and when the sound works, it sounds great. You can hear all the gun shots and moaning. There is a lot of cursing in this game. I felt like it wasn't really necessary. I often turn the volume down and play it in silence. 




39E0454FF2BEFAABC4BEC42642480B670BDB9ABA (1600×900)

Gameplay

The gameplay is smooth, but this depends on your computer. I tried this game with a i3, and it struggled to play it. I have an A10 processor, and it has no problem with this game. 

I feel like the difficulties aren't very hard. The last difficulty of hardcore mode is very challenging. You have to type all the words without mistakes. If you do make a mistake, you have to type a brand new word. 

The zombies are smart, and they can adapt to your typing speed. I feel like the zombies could be faster, but hey they're zombies. They're supposed to be slow. The Typing of The Dead: Overkill has a lot of replay value. You can unlock new guns, character models, and music.
604A73F78E1B3F6539C5EADE16282184CF7DF654 (1600×900)

Overall

This game isn't bad, aside from the cursing and loss of audio, it's pretty good. I didn't play this game very much to be honest. In total I played for about 13 hours, but I did have fun while I was playing. I would make the graphics better, and lose all the cursing. 

It really just ruined the experience for me. The typing on this game feels smooth, and I rarely had a difficult time keeping up. I would give this game a 7 out of 10. It's not bad, but it's far from perfect.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home