Saturday, January 25, 2014

Prang Watercolor Review

I'm back with another product review. This time it's Prang Watercolors, and I just love this set. I barely got this yesterday, and I can't stop painting with them. The first thing that I like is the simplistic look of the paint. It's a straight container that holds 8 colors. There isn't any white, and that's a negative in my opinion. I had a chance to break them in for a little bit. 




As you can see from the paintings these watercolor paints work well. Since there was no white in this set, I used a color pencil for highlights. I like Prang paint because it goes on thick. I've tried some knock off watercolor paint, and it doesn't even compare to Prang. I can really control how much paint goes on the page fairly well. 


You can get some cool dripping effects with this paint. Cheaper watercolor paints don't allow you to do this. I bought this set to try to learn how to paint in watercolor. 


Please, take a look at the pics, and let me know if I'm going in the right direction. I will continue to practice, and any feedback on the paint or drawing are welcome.


If I had to rate this out of 10, I would give it 8 out of 10. I took a point away for not having the color white, and I took another point for not having more colors. I know you can mix your own, but I'm too lazy lol. Later guys/gals, I have to get back to painting.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home