Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Watercolor: Brown Paper Bag Art ( B.P. B.A)

I'm back again with a new type of art. I call it B.P. B.A, and it stands for brown paper bag art. I found this new style of painting when I didn't have watercolor paper. I didn't want to use regular paper because it would rip, so I went into the kitchen and found brown paper bags. There are some advantages and disadvantages of this style. I would say the plus side is the this type of medium is the background color. 


I feel that you don't have to wash the entire page. You automatically have a brown background. The negative side of B.P.B.A is it will rip if you add too much water. I look at this as a plus and negative because it takes a skilled artist to pull it off. Anyone can paint on watercolor paper, but it takes skill to paint on a brown paper bag. I have so many ideas for this new style, and I hope to see more people adding their own pictures. 


I'm fairly new to watercolors, but I've been drawing for a long time. All of my paintings are original, and I don't use reference pictures. I can't stand when artists try to claim they drew something, then you find out they just copied it. Art should be your expression to the world. If you can't think of something on your own, it's not worth painting. As always I will see everyone later, I have to get back to painting.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home