Sunday, September 23, 2012

Poetry: Music Is My Life

I remember as a kid, I had visions of making it big
Music is my passion eat, sleep, breathe, and yes I live
It right down to the individual minute
Made me who I am, and it raised me to be a man

Can this be a high because I don't want to land
Late nights practicing my raps and songs
On and on until I can remember the lyrics
I'm hoping a label hears it, and in turn it'll lift my spirit

Throwing caution to the wind, I'm guaranteed to win
I spit for the label, but they told me I wasn't in
I took the walk of shame broken hearted it wouldn't mend
Real hip hop isn't the trend, record sales makes the dividends

The thought of failing makes me hit the wrong chord
The pain cuts like a knife, or better yet like a sword
It wasn't right that in life my dreams get destroyed
Please forgive me for feeling empty to your lesson lord
The police found me hanging from my mic cord


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home