Friday, February 22, 2013

How to Land Your Next Job Interview

The job world is a competitive one, and there are many things you can do to get that high paying job. I'm no stranger to work, and I've had almost 20 different jobs in my life, so please believe me when I tell you, I'm an expert. A job interview can be a stressful situation, but if you keep your cool you should be fine. I've studied this for quite some time now, and I've compiled a list of things to do at a job interview.

Overtime

Naturally, a job is going to ask you about working overtime. Always say yes to working overtime, otherwise they will find someone else. I know no one wants to work themselves to death, but just pretend that you will work to death. The next time your boss asks if you work overtime say, "Of course I do, and I'll even sleep at this job if you want me to, it's not a problem." This statement lets your employer know you're serious about your job. You can even thrown in a line like this to mess with their heads. "I worked so much at my last job they called the cops to send me home." If you say things like this in an interview, you're bound to be the next CEO of a major company.

Appearance

The job doesn't tell you this, but your appearance is everything. You want to dress to impress, so I think you should rent an expensive suit, or dress for the job interview. This makes you stand out from the rest of the people. Let everyone know how much you paid for the clothes, but act like it was chump change. This will send a message to the other candidates that you play dirty. Make sure you don't spill anything on the clothes that can be a problem. Once you land that job you can return the clothes back to the store. It's really a win, win situation.

Be Assertive

When you're at a job interview show that you really want the job. If someone tries to cut in front of you in line, let them know you're willing to fight for this job. Start a fight in the interview, and this will show the employer that you mean business. You have to show the boss that you can take a punch. After all the fighting the boss is sure to remember your name, face, address, and phone number. You'll be a real celebrity.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home