Monday, March 4, 2013

Mturk Review

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the Mturk site, so I wanted to write a review. When you first sign up it's through an Amazon account. Mturk will review your application and it takes up to 48 hours to be accepted. I've heard that Mturk is only accepting U.S applications, but this could change in the future. I'm assuming that you've been accepted, so it's time to get to work. You can choose "hits", which is what Mturk calls jobs. The hits are pretty easy to complete, and they range in price.

Some of the work on this site pays pretty good. You can do freelance writing, transcription work, and Facebook likes. There is a number of hits you've completed and a number of rejections. You should only accept tasks that you can complete. If you don't think you can complete the task, you have the option to return it. Try not to return tasks too often because it can lead to smaller job opportunities. The first tasks will be graded by the employer and they can approve or reject them.

After 30 days if the task hasn't been accepted, you'll automatically get the money credited to your account. For people with a high amount of accurate jobs completed, the Mturk master status becomes available. I haven't achieved this status yet, and Amazon doesn't really explain how to get it. I guess if you have a 95% accuracy rating, you might be eligible. I'm not sure so don't quote me on that statement. The thing I like most about Mturk is payday.

They give you two options to be paid, a bank transfer or you can get an Amazon gift card. The bank payment usually takes about 3 days to clear. The Amazon gift card payment is instant, so you can go shopping if you like. I really like this place and it seems like it's very fair. I haven't had many rejections, but I will see how it goes. You are also required to file taxes on the money if the total exceeds $600. If you need some extra money, then use this sign-up link.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home