Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What is The Meaning of Life?

I was thinking yesterday, and I asked myself what is the meaning of life? This question still went unanswered, but I thought it would make a good blog post. Why do people get up every day, and go to a job they can't stand? I understand that people have families, but when you die none of that matters. 

Your family is left behind, and they have to fend for themselves. I think the real reason life exists is to test your character. It's an ongoing experiment of some sort, and the only way out is to get the lesson God wanted you to learn. 

Life is like school, but instead of sitting in a classroom taking notes, you experience life for yourself. Taking your own life would be cheating, and I'm sure there are consequences for people that disobey the rules. 

When I was first introduced into life, it was when I was in preschool. My earliest memory was getting ready for school, and my mother telling me to put on my winter coat. 

I distinctly remember being outside of my body, just watching myself, like a movie. I had no idea that the kid walking to school with his mother was me. From that memory, I've always wondered why was I chosen for this experiment? 

I couldn't figure out why some people died, before they even got a chance to play the game of life. I always wondered if older people were lucky to be on earth so long, or did they not learn life's lesson.

I think old age can be a gift and a curse. It would be hell trying to live that long, but living is better than being dead. What do you think the meaning of life is, and do we really have a purpose on earth?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home