Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Get Rid of Panic and Anxiety Without Medication

I wanted to write this blog about how to get rid of panic and anxiety without medication. I've suffered with panic and anxiety for more than five years now. My symptoms came when I quit doing drugs, and that's when all the problems started. I've had hundreds of panic and anxiety attacks, and I wanted to share my potential remedies to help ease the pain.

Laughing

Believe it or not laughing will help ease panic attacks. Obviously, laughing won't cure panic attacks, but it does help me. If I feel the symptoms coming on, I usually watch a funny movie. Sometimes I can trick my mind into getting less severe symptoms by laughing. I also watch funny Vine videos, and YouTube videos. Just find anything funny that you're interested in and watch it.

Painting/hobby

Most of the time I get panic attacks because I'm bored. I have nothing else better to do than panic. I recently picked a hobby of watercolor painting. It helps me ease the stress in my life, and I find myself having less panic attacks. Find a hobby that you're into it can be anything drawing, video games, and poetry. Just anything to keep your mind busy, so it doesn't have time to freak out.


Stress toys

I found some stress toys online, and those help a great deal. They have all kinds, and you can Google stress toys to see them for yourself. I have a small beach with sand and play toys. It's a miniature beach and you can push the sand around. I find that this helps me forget about my anxiety. Sometimes I can dodge and attack just by playing in the sand. Try it for yourself, and let me know if it works for you.


Punching bag


Sometimes you have to show panic and anxiety who's boss. A punching bag is a nice way to punch out your problems. I tried this when I was about to have and attack, and it worked like a charm. You can get out built up frustration, and you don't have to feel guilty. I often have negative thoughts when I'm about to have a panic attack. I found punching the bag around makes me feel free. I can act out all the evil things in my head without going to jail.


Writing/journal


Last but not least, is writing or keeping a journal. I found that when I have anxiety and panic getting my feeling on paper helps. Just write how you feel at the moment. Most anxiety and panic will manifest itself inside you. Release these thoughts and feelings and capture them on the screen or a piece of paper. You can rid yourself of evil thoughts with a couple of keystrokes. If you can't tell people how you feel, just write it down, so they understand.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home