Saturday, March 9, 2013

Poetry: New Found Confidence

I've burned bridges a time or two in my life
I'm iron fisted, when I'm holding this mic
I was broken down and built back up
I'm naturally gifted, I guess you can call it luck

Ducked and dodged the mirage of attacks
I opened my heart to change, ya boy is back
It's a fact, I wouldn't lose or bruise under pressure
Who knew that diamonds and money would impress ya

I lined up my future, but I guess I didn't measure
The wait was longer than I expected, man it took forever
Solid as a block of gold, you held from the start
The rat race has begun, you better take your mark

Your bark is a lot worse than your bite
Think twice about smoking that bowl, it'll land you a strike
Shell casings will fall, and bodies will get bagged
I'm too cold with this flow, so toes will get tagged

I stab the beat, I teach what needs to be said
You see in 3D, cuz a bad case of the blues will turn red
I cut in line and I don't care who's next
Shoot for the stars, but don't be lead


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home